Despite everyone’s good intentions, hard work and solid ideas, too many teams end up creating products that no one wants, no one can use, and no one buys. But it doesn’t have to be this way. Agile and design thinking offer a different–and effective–approach to product development, one that results in valuable solutions to meaningful problems. In this course, you’ll learn how to determine what’s valuable to a user early in the process–to frontload value–by focusing your team on testable narratives about the user and creating a strong shared perspective.
This course is supported by the Batten Institute at UVA’s Darden School of Business. The Batten Institute’s mission is to improve the world through entrepreneurship and innovation: www.batteninstitute.org.
This Course Is Part of Multiple Programs
What You Will Learn
- How to evaluate and explain the relevance of concepts and practices from the agile development methodologies
- How to create a strong shared perspective and drive to value using design methods like personas and problem scenarios
- How to diagnose what software will be valuable to the user and how to test your ideas using agile user stories and prototypes
- How to facilitate narrative collaboration with user stories and prototypes
Skills You Will Gain
- Agile user stories
- User Experience Design (UXD)
- Agile Software Development
- Product Management
- Software Development
Registration deadline: February 28, 2023
Course will run from March 1st to April 30, 2023.